Free school uniforms are available through the SS. Cyril and Methodius School Uniform Recycling Program. This program is supported by Mothers’ Club and possible because of volunteer parents like you! Please follow the procedures stated below to keep this valuable program running smoothly.
Donating Gently Used Uniforms: Please send all uniforms you wish to donate to the school office in a bag labeled “For Uniform Recycling.” We kindly ask that the uniforms be washed and in gently used condition (no rips, holes, stains).
Requesting Uniforms From Recycling: There are two ways to place an order for uniforms: by completing an order form (available in the online below, school office or printed from the weekly VRE) or contact the school office.
Uniform orders will be filled on a bi-weekly basis and sent home with your student. No phone orders or drop-ins will be accepted.
Downloadable Form: Uniform Recycling Order Form Final 2019-2020
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Do I need to donate a uniform in order to get a uniform? No, the uniforms are completely free and we do not require you to donate.
- Is there a limit as to how many items I can request at once? No, there is not a limit, but we kindly ask that you order only what is needed for the current school year, and no more than what can be worn in one week (i.e. 3 dress uniforms and 2 PE uniforms).
- What if Uniform Recycling doesn’t have what I need? A note or email will go home listing the items that were not available. If you would like to go onto a waiting list, please notify Carrie, and she will contact you if/when the item becomes available. To purchase new uniforms, Schoolbelles is available in store and online at schoolbelles.com. Lina’s Embroidery sells our PE uniforms and is located at 1134 State St. in Lemont.
- Can I pick out my own uniforms in the uniform recycling basement? No, we are no longer accepting phone orders or drop-in visits. Paper or email orders will be filled on a bi-weekly basis and sent home with your student. We do our best to send you items in good condition and the size you request.
- What if I don’t know what size to order? We are happy to send home 2 different sizes to try. Just keep the items that fit, and return the items that do not fit.
- Will the basement ever be open to parents? Probably not. We may host an “open basement” event prior to the start of the new school year. While we take time away from the program during summer break, we are back to work in August to fill orders for the new school year. Just email your requests to Carrie and she will be happy to coordinate delivery.
- How can I get involved in the Uniform Recycling program? We are always in need of volunteers! If you would like to learn more about this great program and volunteer your time to sort, tag, and fill orders, please email Francesca Fishella at firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you!