Dear Parents and Guardians:
This past August, with bipartisan support, the House and Senate passed a comprehensive education funding bill that was signed into law by the governor. The “Invest in Kids Act” contains a provision for tax credit scholarships and provides a strong incentive for donors to support non-public school scholarships for low-income students in our state. Tax credit scholarships may be used for students to attend the non-public school of their choice and have the potential to cover from 25 up to 100 percent of tuition and eligible fees for the 2018-2019 school year.
These tax credit scholarships will provide an Illinois state income tax credit, not just a deducation to an individual or corportation that contributes money to a non-profit Scholarship Granting Organization (SGO). That SGO then awards scholarships to eligible students from low-income families. Any parent who will be applying for a scholarship must complete the “Intent to Return Form” which will be going home on Monday, December 4th.
You will be receiving more information regarding timelines for applying or donating to the scholarship program.
To help families be able to receive these scholarships, it was necessary to prepare, approve and publish the SS. Cyril and Methodius School tuition and fee rate for the 2018-2019 school year at this time.
In determining our new tuition rate, we are very happy to share the following details:
- This year’s increase will be approximately 3% across the board.
- We have lowered the required fees;
- $100 Manna Fee has been removed. Please note you will still receive the tuition credits for any Manna purchased through school.
- $100 Beat the Lotto ticket has been removed and you will be required to purchase it during the year.
- $100 has been removed from the mandatory fundraising fee
- $75 mandatory ticket purchase for the annual fundraiser has been removed. You will be able to purchase ticket(s) on your own.
- We will also introduce a new “Refer a Friend” option for current parents. If you refer a friend who registers and has their child/children attend our school, you will receive a $500 credit off your family’s final payment in June of 2019.
As always, we will begin our regular registration process during our annual celebration of Catholic School’s Week.
At this time we cannot determine our school’s staffing needs for next year. We will communicate those prior to the end of the current school year.
The Board of Specified Jurisdiction and I would like to thank you for your continued commitment and support of SS. Cyril and Methodius Schol. We understand the substantial sacrifices that you make to invest in your child/children’s education.
Please contact us through the School Office with any questions or concerns you may have.
|Tuition: K-8||Current Rate||% Increase||New Rate|
|Family Fees||Current||New Rate|
|Beat the Lotto||$100||NA (Purchased separately)|
|PSO||$75||NA (Purchased separately)|
|Total per Student|
|PreK Tuition||Current Rate||% Increase||New Rate|
|4yr no sib (½ day-3 day)||$2,650||3.02%||$2,730|
|4yr. w/sib (½ day -3 days)||$2,475||3.03%||$2,550|
|4yr no sib (½ day-5 day)||$4,125||3.07%||$4,252|
|4yr no sib (full day-5 day)||$4,350||2.99%||$4,480|
|4 yr w/sibs (full day-5 day)||$4,125||3.03%||$4,250|
|4 yr no sibs (full day-3 day)||$3,525||2.98%||$3,630|
|4 yr w/sibs (full day 3 days)||$3,300||3.03%||$3,400|
|3 yr no sibs||$1,725||3.19%||$1,780|
|3 yr w/sibs||$1,550||3.23%||$1,600|